Look Fabulous When Posing for Photos With These Tips
1) Start with a warm smile. Just say any word that ends with the vowel "i" or "y". (Money, Mini)
2) To stop blinking, close your eyes, take a deep breath, then open your eyes as you exhale.
3) Turning your hips away from the camera while turning your shoulders back to the camera makes you look slimmer.
4) Create a little space between your arms and torso by pushing your elbows slightly out also makes you look slimmer.
5) Always put your weight on the leg that is furthest from the camera.
6) Sit or stand with perfect posture. A straight back makes you appear taller, thinner and more confident.
7) Slightly bend the leg that is closest to the camera and raise your heel for a graceful S-shape curve.
8) Avoid the sides of group shots because wide-angle lenses make the end people look bigger.
9) No grinning! Just a relaxed, small smile won't scrunch up the eyes.
10) Turn your face more to the camera until the eyes feel comfortable so you aren't looking out of the corner of your eye.
11) Most people have slightly different facial structures on either side, making one appear nicer looking. Try tilting your head slightly towards the light so it is less noticeable.
12) If one eye is noticeably smaller than the other, stand so that the side with the smaller eye is closer to the camera.
13) Women should turn the edge of their hand towards the camera for a more graceful look whenever possible.
14) Put your hand on your hips, with your thumb behind your back, then push the palm of your hands down your hips.
15) Everyone should be posed differently in a group.
Relax, have fun and stay loose when posing. Before your session, practice these tips in front of a mirror. At first, these poses may feel awkward but they will become more natural to you as you practice.